Monday, September 10, 2018

Things happen-sorry about the lack of blogging & oh shit!

The last three months have been hectic for me. First I was writing a lot and rewriting on my books then my computer took a crap. The on switch refused to work. So once I got it on, I refused to turn it off until it locked up. Then when I tried to get it back on, it refused to work.So I spent over a month trying to get it functioning again and retrieve all my writing. That didn't work because I didn't have the money to do it living on a fixed income. I'm only back because a friend of mine lent me his old tower along with a key board that would work with it. I am hoping by January 2019 I can buy me my own computer so I can get back to writing and blogging. Then I will take my old computer to the Geek squad and see if they can recover my past writing so I won't have to  start all over again. For those of you that have problems with your computer, I now understand what a headache that can be. I was stupid and didn't back up my work. A lesson learn the hard way. So if you depend on a computer to write your articles or books, get a back up system that is not part of your daily computer and use it very frequently so you will always have all your hard work available. My book "Saddle Spur" is completely gone. I could rewrite it but I don't want to do it on this computer and take a chance on it failing. When I buy my next computer, I will also buy a back up system that is not part of it. Hopefully, I don't forget and screw that up while I get busy writing and forget to back it up. I hope that things will go the way I plan but you know the rule, "So goes the best plans laid by mice and men". Right now, I have decided to run for Mayor of the small town I live in. So if I win, things will change even more and my writing will be back to what it was before I retired, meaning when the time is available then I will blog and write. I hope you guys are having a good stress free summer. Talk back, I'm listening or will try to listen and comment on your blogs. HAVE A GREAT DAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment