Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 goals and my hangover

It only took five days and one hell of a hangover today for me to finally decide on what my goals were for 2016. Last night, my wife after watching her share of TV while I was out playing shuffleboard, decided to come into the computer room when I got home and wanted to talk. I was drinking coffee and just finished the second pot of the day when we were ready to go to bed. After she started her nightly ritual in preparation for bed, she came out and announced she wasn't ready for sleep. So I joined her in having a drink. We talked and had a few more (a lot more) until we noticed it was four in the morning. by that time we both had a few too many. I crawled out of bed three minutes before noon and could barely function. Oh, what a hangover! It is now three-thirty in the afternoon and I think my brain is coming alive after being in hibernation from the after affects of alcohol. Now to get back to what was decided; I will finish the books I have been writing. "IronHearts", yes I added a "s" on it. A story about a young man that loses both parents just before his eighteenth birthday that has to grow up quickly and learns who his parents really were. "Doomsday Rock" a somewhat  humorous story about a young man that grew up in a convent after a war that destroys the USA and he enters the outside world for the first time. "Unlucky Penny" a story about a female detective that suffers a mental breakdown and shoots an unarmed black female and doesn't know it. "Jody's Dilemma" an off shoot of popular Lightning in the Tunnel series during the final (?) book of the series called "Lightning Rages", a story of a young woman shot down in a space battle stranded on a planet with two others humans and an assortment of Aliens.  "Cat's Cry" another human taken prisoner taken by the same aliens that shot down Jody in the same battle. Cat is one of the wives of Brad in the Lightning in the Tunnel series, after she has been rejuvenated into a young woman. In her struggle to survive and escape, she befriends another alien species that has been conquered by the same aliens that damaged her space fighter and took her prisoner. Finishing all these in 2015 will be a challenge. Most are down to their last chapters so it should occur. The book I didn't mention is almost finished as well, my first and only western called "Saddle Spur" It will most likely hit the book stands before any of the rest are published. So, all in all 2016 will be my most productive year for publishing especially since I really didn't publish much last year.  Oh by the way, "Dangerous Rescue" is complete and waiting on a cover as it is being edited so it out in February. 

Talk back, I'm listening as always. Have a great year everyone.    

No comments:

Post a Comment