Friday, July 12, 2013

Writer's crying!

Most readers never know that the writer cried when writing a certain scene where something bad happens to one of their favorite characters or they die. I know I cry because the characters become so real that you feel their pain, heartaches and suffering. When you write a novel or a series, the characters become so real and your friends that when you have to kill one of them off or die of natural causes making those left behind in pain of the loss. You cry! I know in my earlier books that I had to stop writing a scene many times because I couldn't see the screen. I am not so sure I conveyed that heartache to the book I was writing back then but I feel I am getting more of the emotions into the scenes now instead of just skimming over them. The emotions I'm speaking of are the ones the writer feels when writing that scene of sadness. I have found when I'm feeling sad about something and start to write, I'm more inclined to have my characters suffer some kind of tragedy in my stories. Most writers know, it is not easy to get these feelings on paper or on screen. After writing sixteen books, I think I am finally getting the hang of it learning not only is the story having to be interesting, the characters must feel and be real to the reader as they are to you. I think once you get that down pat, you are on your way to becoming a great writer. I have a long way to go! LOL!
Check out my books at my author center and see if I'm improving, I think I am but only the reader knows for sure. http://www.amazon.com/author/agmoye  Talk back to me! I'm listening and would love your opinion on this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment