Monday, August 10, 2015

My review of "I will Breathe" by Regina Puckett

 I gave it five stars on Amazon today. Even though it is meant for a younger audience, I found I really enjoyed it. Regina has a way of presenting a story that is well written and a delight to read. The main character, Liberty finds herself all alone after the man she called father died in an airship that travels here and there in a world destroyed in a great war. Love is not part of her vocabulary, she doesn't have time for it until a robot called "boy" is forced into her life after the man that created the robot has died. Boy thinks Liberty is his sister and sets out to teach her what love is. Regina introduces a fine cast of characters in the story as she shows that no one can live life alone forever, humans crave contact and interactions with other humans even when they won't admit it.  The boy, keeper of knowledge teaches Liberty love is all that is missing. Good short story winning several awards.
Regina PuckettRegina Puckett is a 2014 Readers' Favorite Award winning author for her sweet romance, Concealed in My Heart. Her steampunk book, I Will Breathe, and her children's picture book, Borrowed Wings, both received the Children's Literary Classic Seal of Approval. "I Will Breathe" was selected as a Science Fiction Finalist in the 2015 IAN Book of the Year Awards. 
Enjoy the book, I did. Talk back, I'm listening and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment