Friday, August 7, 2015

Why you will never see any if my books on paid sites

I am constantly being solicited to add my book (s) to this site or another for a fee. They claim to bring a thousands of readers to your book (s). I tried several out last year and finding that you might be lucky if someone discovers your work. Yes, I said someone because one might find you on those sites only if they are looking for this type of book at the time. Sales generated from these sites if you are lucky is one. Most of the time, I spent the money for no reason. I joined several sites like I said but finally came to the conclusion that until my platform and following is large enough that I would not pay ever again. I joined various groups and will not renew my membership in them. When renewal time comes, I will leave that group and only staying as members of the groups that do not charge for membership. Maybe, some day when I accidentally write a best seller or one of my many books become one, then I might reconsider this subject.  No one can guarantee you book sales. Since I write because I love to write. I have so many stories rolling around in my head that I hope I live long enough to get all of them written and published. If only one person buys and reads each one, I will be even happier. I would love for them to review it but what the heck, I don't care knowing at least one person read it. 

The cover shown is the rewritten first published book of mine. Talk back, I'm listening. Have a great weekend.      

No comments:

Post a Comment