Friday, April 19, 2013

Facing the weekend

Before I retired, Friday morning going to work used to have me planning on what I would do this weekend especially when the children were young and at home. As they got older, they preferred friends on doing things with them than with the family. I now see they have come a full circle doing things with their children while I observed the pictures taken of the fun times they are having. I live too far away from my grandchildren to be able to spend time with them on the weekends but when I get the chance, I try to go see them to spend a little more time with them. The closeness we once shared living down the road from them or them staying at our place is no longer there. I know they still love me but the problem is not seeing us very much we become a distant memory to them. I just hope that all their memories are good ones so as the grandchildren have children they can pass on the stories about good times with Grandpa and Grandma. The Internet has somewhat kept is in contact and able to see into their lives but is not the same as holding them in your arms. Spending time with them and seeing them grow. Now that the majority of grandchildren are growing up becoming men and woman of the world, I like seeing them spread their wings and flying from the nest but know how empty my children feel when their children leave home.
So, if you have children or grandchildren under the age of eighteen, try to spend as much time as you can with them before they spread their wings and fly away. Time with them is so precious and will fill your heart with happiness.
Talk back to me, I'm listening! Leave a comment or tweet me at http://twitter.com/Agmoye or email me at

No comments:

Post a Comment